|List of Positions||U.S.Postal Service|
OCCUPATION CODE: 4206-02XX
Performs maintenance, repair, and replacement of plumbing fixtures, equipment, supply and disposal systems, and heating systems.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Installs and repairs water pipes, plumbing fixtures and facilities, including work which ranges from opening clogged drains to installing lines and fixtures.
2. Installs and repairs air and steam lines and performs necessary work on associated equipment such as heating systems, air compressors, and vacuum pumps.
3. Locates existing troubles; identifies potentially dangerous or troublesome conditions; lays out work and secures necessary materials.
4. Uses hand and power tools of the trade.
5. In addition, oversees helpers as assigned and may perform work incident to other trades as required.
Supervisor of unit to which assigned.
Senior Qualified when filled from preferred assignment register (PAR). Best Qualified when filled from promotion eligibility register (PER).
KEY POSITION REFERENCE:
|Doc Date: 03/18/2006||Occ Code: 4206-02XX|