|List of Positions||U.S.Postal Service|
SIGN PAINTER/LETTERER (P7-06)
OCCUPATION CODE: 4104-04XX
Performs all types of sign painting. Prepares displays, graphs, maps, and cover pages; labels or letters distribution cases and equipment for postal facilities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Plans, lays out, and performs lettering and/or sign painting from written work orders or verbal requests from any of the various units of the post office.
2. Prepares surfaces for lettering or sign painting by refinishing old materials, finishing new materials, and selecting proper paints and tools to be used.
3. Letters display cases, carrier cases, racks; scheme distribution, delivery, collection, and box route charts through approved work orders.
4. Cuts cardboard to size required, measures and plans layout according to work order, and letters charts, rosters, signs, or indoor displays.
5. Executes gold or silver leaf lettering on glass windows, door panels, and lobby screenline windows.
6. Performs painting and lettering of outdoor displays calling for technical skill in following scaled layouts and designs such as giant mail boxes, cloth banners, and floats.
7. Properly mixes, thins, or blends media to obtain the proper consistency and hue desired through the use of compatible mixtures and the proper thinners or solvents.
8. May perform silk screen work, involving the cutting of silk screen film, the placement of the design on the silk screen, and by use of paints the reproduction of the requested number of signs.
9. Performs other job related tasks in support of primary duties.
Supervisor of unit to which assigned.
KEY POSITION REFERENCE:
|Doc Date: 11/02/1994||Occ Code: 4104-04XX|