|List of Positions||U.S.Postal Service|
OCCUPATION CODE: 4102-02XX
Performs painting and finishing duties incident to the maintenance and repair of buildings, furniture, and equipment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Paints interior parts of building and various items of equipment such as letter boxes, filing cabinets, hampers and trucks; also paints traffic lines on pavement in loading concourses and parking areas.
2. Finishes and refinishes wood and metal furniture, cabinet work, and screenline equipment; performs graining work.
3. Prepares surfaces prior to painting, finishing, or refinishing; mixes paints, stains, varnish, shellac, and lacquer to match colors and attain desired consistency.
4. Uses the various tools and equipment of the trade, such as sanding machines, graining tools, paint brushes, striping tools, ladders, and scaffolds.
5. In addition, may: paint signs and do lettering either freehand or by stencil; glaze window and door glass, and make plaster patching repairs; perform spray painting work; perform work incident to other trades, as required.
Supervisor of unit to which assigned.
Senior Qualified when filled from preferred assignment register (PAR). Best Qualified when filled from promotion eligibility register (PER).
KEY POSITION REFERENCE:
|Doc Date: 03/18/2006||Occ Code: 4102-02XX|