|List of Positions||U.S.Postal Service|
BODY AND FENDER REPAIRMAN (P7-09)
OCCUPATION CODE: 3809-02XX
Performs body and fender repair work on motor vehicles, involving sheet metal parts, nonmetallic components, body structures, chassis frames, and related vehicle accessories and equipment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Diagnoses and locates defects in automotive body structures and determines the remedy or method of repair.
2. Dissassembles and reassembles body structures to align and adjust them properly; straightens and aligns frames.
3. Inserts panels and sections, rivets and/or welds them in place, and refinishes for painting.
4. Performs gas or electric welding, brazing, and soldering on various types and thicknesses of metals, choosing correct materials for the various kinds of work.
5. Performs repairs such as filling, patching, and paneling on non-metallic structures such as fiberglass and other plastic materials.
6. Fills damaged parts of metal bodies with solder, putty, fiberglass, and other plastics and refinishes for painting.
7. Repairs or replaces such parts as windshield posts, seat parts, and operators partitions.
8. Adjusts, repairs, or replaces doors, hardware, glass, and other related parts.
9. Repairs or rebuilds motor vehicle seats.
10. Uses hand and power tools of the trade such as hammers, spoons, files, dolly blocks, grinders, buffers, drills, frame aligners, and alignment indicators, reshapers, micrometers, thickness guages, scales, dividers, calipers, etc.
11. Reads specifications and drawings to determine dimensions, shapes, materials, finishes, etc.
Supervisor of unit to which assigned.
KEY POSITION REFERENCE:
|Doc Date: 03/18/2006||Occ Code: 3809-02XX|