|List of Positions||U.S.Postal Service|
OCCUPATION CODE: 3704-02XX
Fabricates or repairs metal items in forge and on anvil; performs welding and brazing operations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Forges and fabricates or repairs tools and metal parts for building and equipment; heats metal to proper temperature in forge, hammers and bends metal to specified size and shape; hardens and tempers metals.
2. Does acetylene and electric welding on building equipment and such items as machine parts, hand truck frames, pouch racks, and conveyor equipment; also does brazing work; sets up job to be welded or brazed; sets up and adjusts proper type of welding equipment and selects proper type of rod according to the needs of the work; performs metal cutting and burning with torch.
3. Works from drawings, sketches and general instructions.
4. Uses required hand and power tools.
5. In addition, oversees helpers as assigned and may perform work incident to other trades as required.
Supervisor of unit to which assigned.
Senior Qualified when filled from preferred assignment register (PAR). Best Qualified when filled from promotion eligibility register (PER).
KEY POSITION REFERENCE:
|Doc Date: 03/18/2006||Occ Code: 3704-02XX|