|List of Positions||U.S.Postal Service|
CUSTODIAL LABORER D (K7-05)
OCCUPATION CODE: 3566-0008
Provides custodial and minor maintenance service for U. S. Postal Service Headquarters facility.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Operates a variety of power-driven custodial equipment such as, riding sweepers, floor sanders, buffers, lawn mowers, and riding snow tractors.
2. Performs general cleaning duties such as washing walls, mopping, waxing and polishing.
3. Cleans ceiling and walls, glass partitions and building fixtures requiring the use of ladders or scaffolding.
4. Replaces light bulbs and fluorescent lamps.
5. Operates motor vehicles to carry out assignments such as moving custodial equipment or supplies, transporting trash, and snow removal.
6. Performs general ground-keeping tasks including cutting and trimming lawns, bushes or hedges, leaf raking, shrubbery planting, chemical spraying for insects, snow removal, and cleaning sidewalks and driveways.
7. Loads and unloads custodial supplies and equipment, moves furniture and equipment as necessary to clean.
8. Makes, or assists higher level maintenance employees in making minor repairs to building equipment or fixtures.
9. Occasionally performs other job-related tasks as assigned.
Reports to supervisor of unit to which assigned or Supervisor, Custodial Services.
Senior Qualified when filled from the same level and Occupational group (preferred duty assignment). Best Qualified when filled from any other position.
|Doc Date: 11/16/2012||Occ Code: 3566-0008|