|List of Positions||U.S.Postal Service|
LABORER LEADER (K7-07)
OCCUPATION CODE: 3502-0003
Serves as a working group leader of a labor force engaged in general laboring duties, receiving and distributing furniture and office equipment; leads and coordinates office moves, sets up exhibits and provides for the transportation of furniture and equipment between facilities. This position provides service for U. S. Postal Service Headquarters facility.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Leads and coordinates the work of assigned labor force.
2. Leads and coordinates the moving of office tenants into the building or from one office of building to another; provides an estimate of the time and material charges required for such moves.
3. Receives, uncrates, inspects, logs in all new furniture and equipment delivered to Headquarters and distributes it to the assigned offices.
4. Arranges meeting rooms and furniture set-ups for special events.
5. Provides support to large scale outside meetings.
6. Maintains store rooms for surplus furniture and equipment.
7. Plans and schedules the installation of various size partitions in office spaces; lays carpeting and padding as required in offices; provides support to the general rearrangement of partitions, rugs and other equipment.
8. Provides employees for the urgent distribution of printed matter throughout the building and for special messenger service to facilities.
9. Maintains time records on each assignment and ensures that work is charged properly against the budget.
10. Indoctrinates new employees in the fundamentals of moving furniture and equipment with particular emphasis on safety.
11. Occasionally performs other job-related tasks as assigned.
Reports to supervisor of unit to which assigned or Supervisor, Maintenance.
Senior Qualified when filled from the same level and occupational group (preferred duty assignment). Best Qualified when filled from any other position.
|Doc Date: 11/16/2012||Occ Code: 3502-0003|