|List of Positions||U.S.Postal Service|
EQUIPMENT HANDLER/TRUCK DRIVER (K7-06)
OCCUPATION CODE: 3502-0002
Drives heavy trucks in the transportation of heavy furniture, equipment and supplies between the various metropolitan office sites and warehouses in the outlying areas, and to this end is required to perform various types of manual labor requiring strenuous physical effort, and the operation of various types of equipment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Drives a heavy vehicle, of up to six ton capacity, between the facility and outlying warehouses, commercial businesses, and hotels.
2. Loads and unloads, and oversees the loading and unloading of the vehicle; this includes use of proper loading equipment, and securing of the equipment in the truck to prevent damage.
3. Drives light vehicles including vans, station wagons and light trucks.
4. Plans and lays out the route of delivery and pick-up, checks bills of lading, receipts, and other documents to ensure accountability; and maintains the schedule.
5. Conducts vehicle maintenance checks and makes minor road repairs.
6. Maintains a first-hand knowledge of the motor vehicle codes, both the municipal requirements and the Postal Service regulations which apply to heavy vehicles.
7. Loads, unloads, and moves equipment and furniture.
8. Constructs modular partitioning, makes minor repairs to furniture, and installs wall to wall carpeting.
9. Operates fork-lift and a jack-lift when handling or sorting equipment or furniture.
10. Erects or dismantles steel shelving or modular furniture from prints or sketches.
11. Performs duties of equipment handler when not driving.
12. Occasionally performs other job-related tasks as assigned.
Reports to supervisor of unit to which assigned or Supervisor, Maintenance.
Senior Qualified when filled from the same level and occupational group (preferred duty assignment). Best Qualified when filled from any other position.
|Doc Date: 11/16/2012||Occ Code: 3502-0002|