|List of Positions||U.S.Postal Service|
OCCUPATION CODE: 3414-02XX
Machines parts used in the repair and overhaul of various types of post-office equipment; dismantles, repairs, assembles, and installs equipment as required.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Machines shafts, gears, and a variety of other parts for various types of equipment such as conveyors, compressors, motors, blowers, power tools, woodworking machinery, wheeled equipment, duplicating equipment, cancelling, wire tying, and postage meter machines.
2. Sets up and operates the various shop machine tools, including lathes, milling machines, drill presses, shapers, grinders, power saws; also uses the hand tools and measuring devices of the trade to work to require tolerances of precision.
3. Dismantles and assembles machines as required to fit and install completed parts or move heavy machinery to other locations; installs new machinery and equipment.
4. Works from drawings, sketches, samples or verbal instructions and specifications.
5. In addition, oversees helpers as assigned and may perform work incident to other trades as required.
Supervisor of unit to which assigned.
Senior Qualified when filled from preferred assignment register (PAR). Best Qualified when filled from promotion eligibility register (PER).
KEY POSITION REFERENCE:
|Doc Date: 11/02/1994||Occ Code: 3414-02XX|