|List of Positions||U.S.Postal Service|
MAINTENANCE ELECTRICIAN (P7-08)
OCCUPATION CODE: 2805-03XX
Repairs, tests, and maintains electric wiring, switches, motors, and related electrical equipment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Maintains and repairs electric motors, wiring, controls and lights, and other electrical equipment.
2. Tests and repairs communication and signal systems.
3. Tests, maintains, and repairs electrical circuits and apparatus of the conveyor system, air conditioning controls, and other electrical controls.
4. Assists, as conditions require, building engineers, plumbers, carpenters, and other specialiized mechanics in their work.
5. Installs electrical wiring and/or equipment not of highly complex nature; serves as relief for the operation of the air conditioning system.
Reports to a designated supervisor. May oversee 1 or 2 helpers.
Senior Qualified when filled from preferred assignment register (PAR). Best Qualified when filled from promotion eligibility register (PER).
KEY POSITION REFERENCE:
|Doc Date: 03/18/2006||Occ Code: 2805-03XX|