|List of Positions||U.S.Postal Service|
PSE MAIL PROCESSING CLERK (NEW WORK) (P4-06)
OCCUPATION CODE: 2395-0035
Performs a variety of clerk duties required to process mail using automated mail processing equipment or manual methods of sortation and distribution.
This position is to be used for non-career Postal Support Employee positions only.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Makes one or more sortations of outgoing and/or incoming mail using the appropriate sort program or manual distribution scheme.
2. On a rotation basis, performs all of the following duties: loads mail onto automated equipment, culling out non-processable items; enters sort plan and starts equipment; monitors flow of mail to ensure continuous feed; sweeps separated mail from bins stackers; and stops equipment when distribution run or operation is completed. Runs machine reports, clears jams and contacts maintenance for assistance when required.
3. Prepares work area, ensuring all necessary support equipment and materials, including labels, trays, and other containers, are in place.
4. Removes sorted mail from bins or separations and places into appropriate trays or containers for further processing or dispatch based on knowledge of operating plans and dispatch schedules, or at the instruction of supervisors or expediters; may riffle or verify mail to ensure sortation accuracy as needed.
5. In addition, may perform any of the following duties: provide service at public window for non-financial transactions; maintain records of mails; examine balances in advance deposit accounts; and record and bill mail requiring special service.
6. Follows established safe work methods, procedures and safety precautions while performing all duties.
7. Performs other duties as assigned.
Supervisor of unit to which assigned.
See Handbook EL-312, Chapter 2 - Selection Policies for Non-career Recruitment.
|Doc Date: 06/15/2013||Occ Code: 2395-0035|