|List of Positions||U.S.Postal Service|
PSE STAMP DISTRIBUTION CLERK-SDN (P4-07)
OCCUPATION CODE: 2395-0029
Performs necessary activities at a Stamp Distribution Network office to ensure the efficient distribution of all stamps and stamp products. Also participates in the destruction of nonsaleable stamps and stamp products as a member of a stamp destruction committee.
This position is to be used for non-career Postal Support Employee positions only.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Examines and verifies at the direction of an accountable paper supervisor the receipt of incoming stock shipments, including carrier on trailer and supplier documents to ensure their accuracy; checks security; updates stamp distribution network inventory systems; and reconciles discrepancies in shipments.
2. May be responsible for stock accountability of sufficient size to maintain stamps and stamped paper in variety and quantity suitable to area served.
3. Processes requisitions from postal facilities for bulk stamp stock, assembles individual orders drawn in bulk from a centralized vault, verifies for accuracy, prepares/seals, dispatches and routes registered mail.
4. Serves as a rotating member of a stamp destruction committee. Ensures that returned stock is properly inventoried and documented and, is either returned to the vault for reissue or destroyed in accordance with established financial and safety procedures.
5. Identifies problems related to quality and/or quantity of stamp products received from suppliers; coordinates with supervisor the rejection of incorrect shipments, prepares damaged shipments for return to suppliers.
6. Prepares routine correspondence in response to customer (postmaster, station/branch managers, etc.)inquiries.
7. Assists in preparing and submitting periodic reports to MNISSC, Inspection Service and Stamp Distribution Network management and Senior Management.
8. Performs miscellaneous clerical duties associated with order filling and requisition processing.
9. Performs any and all associated duties which may also include operating a forklift as directed by the Stamp Distribution Network Manager/Supervisor.
10. Maintains files and daily reports.
Supervisor, Area Stamp Distribution Operations
See Handbook EL-312, Chapter 2 ? Selection Policies for Non-career Recruitment.
|Doc Date: 05/22/2013||Occ Code: 2395-0029|