|List of Positions||U.S.Postal Service|
PSE CUSTOMER SERVICE CLERK (P4-07)
OCCUPATION CODE: 2395-0024
Performs a variety of clerical and administrative duties at a computerized telephone service center to answer and respond to customer inquiries pertaining to ordering, shipping, receiving, storing, billing, and other related activities for materials, parts, and supplies for postal facilities nationwide.
This position is to be used for non-career Postal Support Employee positions only.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Provides customer service by operating a telephone and computer to answer and respond to inquiries pertaining to ordering, shipping, receiving, storing, billing, and other related activities regarding materials, parts, and supplies.
2. Logs calls and annotates their nature in computerized tracking system for referral and historical purposes.
3. Assists internal and external customers with orders and ensures orders are filled correctly and shipped properly.
4. Reviews customer's orders and modifies them when necessary based on knowledge of products, vendors, and other variables.
5. Researches information from various computer data bases, express mail tracking, internet, and manuals to resolve complaints and problems; determines appropriateness of request and how it should be processed.
6. Types with computer keyboard and uses equipment to input, retrieve, and develop information to meet customer's needs; builds appropriate computer data bases for tracking inventory, orders, and supplies.
7. Communicates directly with customers and vendors using electronic mail; answers written correspondence and composes written letters when necessary.
8. Resolves complaints to achieve customer satisfaction and advises contractors of proper procedures to meet customer orders.
9. Performs credits and debits to correct inventory problems and to resolve shipping discrepancies; sets up return authorizations as necessary.
10. May serve as a timekeeper to enter employee clock rings, times, schedules, and leave; verifies accuracy of time records and reviews reports to assure data matches.
11. May use a credit card to purchase supplies and materials; verifies and reconciles credit card statements and receipts.
12. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Supervisor of unit to which assigned.
See Handbook EL-312, Chapter 2 ? Selection Policies for Non-career Recruitment.
|Doc Date: 03/20/2013||Occ Code: 2395-0024|