|List of Positions||U.S.Postal Service|
PSE MARK UP CLERK- AUTOMATED (P4-06)
OCCUPATION CODE: 2395-0014
Assists with, and performs a variety of clerical duties to process undeliverable mail as addressed.
This position is to be used for non-career Postal Support Employee positions only.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Operates a computer keyboard to enter and extract data from several databases including change of address, mailers' database and address correction.
2. Selects correct program and operating mode for each application.
3. Affixes labels to mail either manually or with mechanical devices.
4. Prepares forms for address correction services and/or scanning operation.
5. Manually distributes processed markups to appropriate separations for further handling.
6. Returns incomplete documents and records to delivery offices when necessary.
7. May operate an optical scanner and computer to process postal forms.
8. May view input from scanned postal forms on computer screen.
9. May operate a photo copy machine.
10. Follows established safe work methods, procedures and safety precautions while performing all duties.
11. Performs other duties as assigned.
Supervisor of unit to which assigned.
See Handbook EL-312, Chapter 2 - Selection Policies for Non-career Recruitment.
|Doc Date: 05/23/2011||Occ Code: 2395-0014|