|List of Positions||U.S.Postal Service|
PSE DATA CONVERSION OPERATOR (P4-05)
OCCUPATION CODE: 2395-0013
Operates data conversion equipment in transforming information from source documents to computer input forms.
This position is to be used for non-career Postal Support Employee positions only.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Operates conventional keypunch and electronic data entry equipment from source documents to an input suitable for computer processing.
2. Performs a mechanical verification of keypunched information.
3. Selects correct program format and operating mode for each data entry system job application.
4. Prepares and maintains program control cards for jobs processed on keypunch/key verifier equipment for each specific job.
5. Maintains format instructions for all keypunching jobs performed in the facility.
6. Records machine utilization information for each and submits to the supervisor.
7. Occasionally performs other job related tasks in support of primary duties.
8. Follows established safe work methods, procedures and safety precautions while performing all duties.
9. Performs other duties as assigned.
Supervisor of unit to which assigned.
See Handbook EL-312, Chapter 2 - Selection Policies for Non-career Recruitment.
|Doc Date: 05/23/2011||Occ Code: 2395-0013|