|List of Positions||U.S.Postal Service|
PSE LABEL PRINTING TECH (P4-06)
OCCUPATION CODE: 2395-0012
Produces printed materials (forms, letters, labels, etc) used by postal facilities associated with daily retail, delivery and mail processing operations including the distribution and dispatch of mails. They make frequent changes in the equipment used in preparation of the printed materials; operates and services the machines used to produce printed materials.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Sets up and operates varitype, headliners, plate makers, offset printing presses, high speed production printers and finishing equipment to produce printed materials. Adjusts machines to accomdodate for the different size and weight of stock utilized in the printing operation.
2. Produces current up-to-date changes in the printing of postal forms, labels, letters and documents from instructions and diagrams furnished and issued by the department to ensure proper formatting, quality and accuracy of material that are printed and shipped from the facility.
3. Maintains production and quality of machine output by ensuring equipment is properly setup to produce material based on specifications. Makes other adjustments designed to produce maximum legibility.
4. Removes and/or receives completed printed material from production areas and arranges items in lots for shipping to requisitioners.
5. Makes revisions based on notice of changes after production has started and correctness of revisions is dependent on technicians knowledge and experience.
6. Receives, examines, and stores supplies of paper stock, stencils, inks, cartons, etc., in stock room or designated storage area to meet normal daily needs of machine operators.
7. Maintains machine in proper working order, operating so as to prevent breakdowns but maintaining maximum production; oils, cleans parts, and makes minor repairs to machines.
8. Assists in the editing of requisitions; finishing products; packing and shipping of printed materials.
9. Performs other job related tasks in support of primary duties.
Supervisor of unit to which assigned.
See Handbook EL-312, Chapter 2 - Selection Policies for Non-career Recruitment.
|Doc Date: 06/18/2012||Occ Code: 2395-0012|