|List of Positions||U.S.Postal Service|
PSE TRACTOR TRAILER OPERATOR (P4-08)
OCCUPATION CODE: 2395-0005
Assists with, and operates, a heavy duty tractor-trailer either in over-the-road service, city shuttle service, or trailer spotting operations on a pre-established route to pick up and transport mail in bulk.
This position is to be used for non-career Postal Support Employee positions only.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Operates a tractor-trailer in conformity with time schedules and in accordance with instructions regarding the route assigned; or operates a tractor-trailer in unscheduled service directed move by move by telephone, two-way radio or through designated supervisors.
2. Picks up and delivers bulk quantities of mail at postal installations, mailing concerns, railroad mail facilities and airports.
3. Ascertains the condition of the tractor-trailer prior to leaving and in returning to garage; reports all accidents, mechanical defects noted, and mechanical failures in the course of the trip.
4. Makes decisions respecting changes in route in emergency; makes emergency decisions respecting loading mail or leaving it for later trip.
5. Follows established safe work methods, procedures and safety precautions while performing all duties.
6. Performs other duties as assigned.
Supervisor of unit to which assigned.
See Handbook EL-312, Chapter 2 - Selection Policies for Non-career Recruitment.
|Doc Date: 05/23/2011||Occ Code: 2395-0005|