|List of Positions||U.S.Postal Service|
PSE LABORER CUSTODIAL (P4-04)
OCCUPATION CODE: 2395-0001
Performs manual labor in connection with maintenance and cleaning of the buildings and grounds of a postal facility; assists in firing low pressure boiler and in making minor repairs to the building and equipment.
This position is to be used for non-career Postal Support Employee positions only.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Makes or assists in making minor maintenance repairs to building and equipment.
2. In smaller buildings assists the fireman-laborer in firing the boiler; in firemen-laborer's absence fires and cleans the boiler.
3. Operates a variety of power driven equipment such as floor scrubbers, floor sanders, waxers, and wall washers; adjusts brushes, buffers, and other attachments on machines; uses wax, polish, and other protective agents appropriate for the various surfaces; washes walls and ceilings from scaffolding.
4. Performs general laboring duties such as uncrating and assembling furniture and fixtures using bolts and screws for assembly, loading loading and unloading supplies and equipment.
5. Performs janitorial duties such as cleaning, scrubbing, waxing, and polishing floors; washes walls and ceiling; dusts furniture and fixtures; cleans hardware and toilet fixtures; washes windows; cares for lawns and shrubs; cleans sidewalks and driveways and removes ashes, snow and ice.
6. In addition, may: operate elevator, stack supplies in storage rooms and on shelves; move furniture and equipment.
Supervisor of unit to which assigned.
See Handbook EL-312, Chapter 2 ? Selection Policies for Non-career Recruitment.
|Doc Date: 07/13/2013||Occ Code: 2395-0001|