|List of Positions||U.S.Postal Service|
ACCOUNTABLE CLERK MAIL RECOV CTR (P7-07)
OCCUPATION CODE: 2345-69XX
Ensures the accountability of monies/valuables/registereds in undeliverable mail through the proper completion of various reports.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Ensures the accouuntability of monies received in undeliverable mail.
2. Ensures the accontability of valuable articles/merchandise receied in undeliverable mail.
3. Ensures that revenues received in periodic auctions are recorded and secured in vault.
4. Maintains an accounting of registered letters and letters containing money or other valuable articles; observes applicable retention and disposal procedures.
5. May open and review contents of unpaid and undeliverable letters or parcels to determine name and address of sender or addressee and attempts to forward contents to addressee or return to sender.
6. May provide guidance, advice and training to lower level clerks in Recovery Center.
7. Performs other job related tasks in support of primary duties.
Supervisor, Mail Recovery Center or other designated supervisor.
|Doc Date: 05/17/1994||Occ Code: 2345-69XX|