|List of Positions||U.S.Postal Service|
COMPLAINTS & INQUIRY CLK (P7-07)
OCCUPATION CODE: 2345-23XX
Receives, classifies, and processes customer complaints and inquiries relative to mail service. Applies a broad knowledge of postal regulations and local policy to effect resolutions.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Accepts and reviews telephone, written, or in-person customer complaints regarding alleged service irregularities or employee conduct. Assembles all pertinent existing data and determines type of inquiry required.
2. Institutes necessary action to develop case analysis or investigation. Visits areas and confers with individuals involved, gathering and developing additional information pertaining to investigation.
3. Develops all pertinent facts for analysis as to what corrective action is to be taken. Presents analysis and recommendations to supervisor and employees involved in order to preclude a recurrence of a complaint.
4. Prepares correspondence to complaints and inquiries after investigation and complete information has been obtained.
5. Contacts customers in order to resolve complaints.
6. Reports unusual or repetitive complaints which indicate development of a trend; prepares and submits weekly and quarterly complaint summations and analysis of the data along with recommendations for improvement in service.
7. Performs other job related tasks in support of primary duties.
Supervisor of unit to which assigned.
KEY POSITION REFERENCE:
|Doc Date: 11/02/1994||Occ Code: 2345-23XX|