|List of Positions||U.S.Postal Service|
CLAIMS & INQUIRY CLK (P7-06)
OCCUPATION CODE: 2345-15XX
Performs clerical work involved in the claims and inquiry functions of the post office, where the claims work does not reach the level of difficulty and responsibility represented by KP-17 and the inquiry work relates to domestic mail.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Performs any one or a combination of the duties listed below.
2. Accepts and processes indemnity claims for insured and C.O.D. mail. Examines claims for completeness and accuracy and obtains information and evidence necessary for adjudication. Directs disposition of damaged articles. Maintains index records of claims and answers status inquiries from claimants and postmasters.
3. Accepts complaints relating to loss and rifling of mail. Completes and processes related inquiry forms. Makes appropriate search and inquiry for lost articles locally and through other post offices. Reports losses to postal inspection service and advises customers as to results of inquiries.
4. Processes undeliverable and loose-in-mail matter for identification or retention and disposition.
5. In addition, may perform any of the following duties: issue series of numbers to firm mailers for certified, insured and C.O.D. mailing; provide directory service; handle complaints of nonreceipt of return receipts; rate forwarded and returned mail, send proper and necessary notices on all classes of mail matter; file insured and C.O.D. delivery receipts and C.O.D. mailing records; examine and process dead mail for shipment or disposal in accordance with prescribed procedures; accept mailing list correction requests. Examine, distribute and file change of address orders.
Supervisor, Distribution Operations, or other designated supervisor.
KEY POSITION REFERENCE:
|Doc Date: 11/02/1994||Occ Code: 2345-15XX|