|List of Positions||U.S.Postal Service|
CLERK RECOVERY CENTER LETTERS (P7-06)
OCCUPATION CODE: 2345-07XX
Performs clerical work involved in the review and disposition of unpaid and dead letter mail.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Opens and examines contents of unpaid and dead letters to determine name and address of sender or addressee.
2. Prepares mail for delivery when the address of sender or addressee is available; applies required fees.
3. Maintains an accounting of registered letters and letters containing money or other valuable articles; observes applicable retention and disposal procedures.
4. Makes final disposition of undeliverable dead mail having no obvious value.
5. Furnishes information in response to written and telephone inquiries concerning dead mail.
6. Prepares required reports and correspondence.
7. Performs other job related tasks in support of primary duties.
Supervisor, Recovery Center, or other designated supervisor.
KEY POSITION REFERENCE:
|Doc Date: 11/02/1994||Occ Code: 2345-07XX|