|List of Positions||U.S.Postal Service|
CLERK MAIL RECOVERY CENTER (P7-06)
OCCUPATION CODE: 2345-0054
Performs clerical work involved in the review and disposition of unpaid and dead letter mail and parcels that are considered dead mail.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Opens and reviews undeliverable and non-returnable letters and parcels to determine name and address of sender or addressee; prepares mail for delivery when an address is identified and applies any required fees.
2. Provides proper security and disposition of all mail and loose items in the mail received at a Mail Recovery Center; maintains applicable records and prepares required reports.
3. Operates automated and mechanized equipment used to process undeliverable and non-returnable mail.
4. Separates into categories and maintains a record of accountable mail, unidentified parcels, merchandise and articles found loose in the mail, and letters and parcels containing money or other valuable articles; observes applicable retention and disposal procedures.
5. Participates in periodic auctions of unclaimed, undeliverable mail; arranges merchandise for exhibition; assists in the preparation and distribution of catalogs, notices, and postings concerning items to be sold at auction.
6. Makes final disposition of undeliverable and non-returnable mail having no obvious value.
7. Furnishes information in response to written and telephone inquiries concerning undeliverable and non-returnable mail.
8. Prepares required reports and correspondence on disposition of undeliverable items in response to inquiries from Postal employees and customers.
9. Performs other job related tasks in support of primary duties.
Supervisor, Recovery Center, or other designated supervisor.
|Doc Date: 05/22/2013||Occ Code: 2345-0054|