|List of Positions||U.S.Postal Service|
EXPRESS ML TECH (P7-07)
OCCUPATION CODE: 2340-82XX
Provides clerical support in the Express Mail Service administrative office, utilizing expert and comprehensive knowledge, to assist in the technical aspects of maintaining the overall program.
Minimum volume/legs for this position where no full-time manager exists is 35,000 pieces annually and 50 legs. The ratio of Express Mail Technician to Administrative Clerk- Express Mail shall not exceed 1 to 3 in installations having manager/coordinators.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Provides technical information to customers, affected units and postal employees relative to all subclasses of Express Mail, both domestic and international.
2. Responds directly, in writing or over the telephone, to inquiries about service features such as, but not limited to, preparation requirements, rates; special permit and postage trust accounts; service performance standards; weight and size limits; acceptance and delivery schedules; procedures for processing claims in case of failures or refunds of postage.
3. Receives and processes customer inquiries and complaints, investigates and prepares written details of service failures. Follows up by maintaining telephone and written contact with domestic Express Mail Service offices, postal units and others to locate lost or missent Express Mail shipments. Investigates causes of service failures, recommends changes, as needed, and reports such recommendations to the supervisor.
4. Provides other Express Mail Service offices with information relating to service commitment irregularities, proof of delivery receipts, service breakdown areas, verification of claims, network revisions, customer irregularities and other matters.
5. Reviews Express Mail Service claims for postage refunds and merchandise/document reconstruction insurance prior to approval by the supervisor.
6. May receive reports and data relating to International Express Mail Service from the exchange office and prepare International Exchange Office Report; review dispatch and receipt manifest and initiate inquiries on irregularities; and investigate and prepare replies for international inquiries and bulletins of verification.
7. Receives changes to surface and air transportation routes, updates all related records, files schedule logs and service agreements with pertinent change information and notifies appropriate units.
8. Prepares required reports such as Postal Inspector, Headquarters Service Analysis, weekly, bi-weekly, accounting period and other related reports.
9. May provide technical guidance to and oversee the work of lower level employees.
10. Requisitions, receives and stores supplies, material and equipment from supply centers for distribution to postal units and customers. Processes supply orders and maintains records; ensures adequate stock levels.
11. Performs other job related tasks in support of primary duties.
Supervisor of unit to which assigned.
KEY POSITION REFERENCE:
|Doc Date: 11/02/1994||Occ Code: 2340-82XX|