|List of Positions||U.S.Postal Service|
SELF SERVICE POSTAL CENTER TECH (P7-07)
OCCUPATION CODE: 2340-48XX
Services retail vending equipment by replenishing postal merchandise and change, responds to trouble calls to correct equipment or operational problems, and performs minor corrective maintenance, for one or more self-service units.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Replenishes postal merchandise and change in retail vending equipment; sets price and quantity switches for accurate vends; and tests and calibrates weighing/rating units.
2. Responds to trouble calls to correct equipment or operational problems. Troubleshoots equipment, including determining trouble areas, clearing coin and bill jams; ordering and replacing unserviceable components, such as coin mechanisms, stamp dispensing modules, control boards, and currency acceptors; replaces indicator lights, fuses, vend motors, and other parts which do not require the use of a soldering iron. Replaces modular units; sends defective modular assemblies to designated area maintenance facilities or to equipment manufacturers for repair. Performs other minor corrective maintenance on equipment and core unit. Accompanies maintenance employees when repairs to retail vending equipment require access to stamp stock or cash.
3. Performs routine cleaning tasks to ensure neat appearance of retail vending equipment and adjacent areas; wipes and cleans interior and exterior of equipment; reports other housekeeping deficiencies, such as the need for washing down unit walls and platform, and removal of trash, obstructions, and hazards from the adjacent area.
4. Maintains custody of a large credit in stamps, stamped paper, and cash exclusively for the servicing and operation of retail vending equipment. Requisitions stock and may prepare stock for vending dispense; maintains inventory of postal merchandise and records of accountability in accordance with prescribed procedures.
5. Removes currency and coins resulting from sales; makes cash deposits to the bank via registered mail.
6. Assists customers at the machines by selling postage, sharing postal information, and demonstrating how to use the retail vending equipment.
7. Performs duties of Window Clerk, Distribution Clerk, or Distribution and Window Clerk when not engaged in retail vending activities.
8. May operate a motor vehicle in performance of duties.
9. Performs other job related tasks in support of primary duties.
Postmaster; Superintendent, Window Services; or other designated supervisor.
KEY POSITION REFERENCE:
|Doc Date: 11/02/1994||Occ Code: 2340-48XX|