|List of Positions||U.S.Postal Service|
MAIL REWRAPPER (M7-04)
OCCUPATION CODE: 2340-27XX
Repairs and rewraps damaged parcels and other mail matter in the damaged parcel unit.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Performs all tasks associated with repairing, rewrapping, or reconditioning of damaged parcels of any class, in order to minimize further damage before delivery or dispatch.
2. Cleans packages soiled by spilled liquids or other foreign matter.
3. Assembles loose articles belonging in a damaged parcel, reseals or reforms the parcel.
4. Operates and uses such necessary equipment as: wire strapping machine, heat-sealing machine, various large and small tape dispensers and rubber stamps.
5. Reports to supervisor such things as; unmailable matter found; excessive amount of improperly wrapped parcels from the same mailer; loss from or damage to parcels apparently due to depredation.
6. Examines sacks and pouches to determine condition and whether empty or not.
7. Performs other job related tasks in support of primary duties.
Manager, Airport Mail Center/Facility or other designated supervisor.
KEY POSITION REFERENCE:
|Doc Date: 11/02/1994||Occ Code: 2340-27XX|