|List of Positions||U.S.Postal Service|
POSTAGE DUE CLK (P7-06)
OCCUPATION CODE: 2340-06XX
Distributes, weighs, computes and processes all classes and types of postage due mail; maintains accounts and records; and submits reports.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Performs any one or a combination of the duties listed below.
2. Distributes, classifies, weighs and rates all classes and types of mail to determine amount of postage due; forwards postage due mail to box section, carriers, stations or other units.
3. Affixes proper postage and posts on postage due bill; may collect from customer or carrier.
4. Maintains the tabulation and recording of all advance deposits and withdrawals made daily in individual postage due trust fund accounts; prepares daily reports showing the opening balance, advance deposits recorded, withdrawals and closing balances.
5. May operate adding machine and postage meter machine.
6. Performs other clerical duties, as assigned.
Supervisor, Distribution Operations, or other designated supervisor.
KEY POSITION REFERENCE:
|Doc Date: 11/02/1994||Occ Code: 2340-06XX|