|List of Positions||U.S.Postal Service|
GENERAL CLERK (P7-06)
OCCUPATION CODE: 2340-01XX
Performs a variety of office clerical duties using postal knowledges or experience at a post office or installation such as a transfer office, station, AMF, etc.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Maintains information books, manuals, transportation schedules, directories of post offices, etc., with information furnished by Headquarters, regional office, or others such as may be found in a scheme examination program at a post office, or in compiling schedules at a truck terminal.
2. Provides routine information to the public concerning postal rates, mailing information, etc. when no other source of information is available, such as information pertaining to the examination program.
3. Adjusts minor service complaints, referring others to the appropriate superior.
4. Verifies time records, keeps records of carfare expenditures, registered, insured and C.O.D. mail, and completes such reports as required.
5. Prepares holiday, compensatory time and daily work schedules, and maintains the necessary records for leave assignments in accordance with instructions and information furnished by a supervisor.
6. Distributes mail in accordance with established schemes.
7. Corrects and maintains mailing lists, indicating the correct ZIP Code and mailing address, which requires a thorough knowledge of a primary scheme.
8. In addition, may perform but not for substantial periods of time, any of the following duties: types correspondence and memoranda from rough drafts, general information, etc.; operates copy machines; files copies of correspondence; performs duties at a public window.
Supervisor of unit to which assigned.
KEY POSITION REFERENCE:
|Doc Date: 11/02/1994||Occ Code: 2340-01XX|