|List of Positions||U.S.Postal Service|
MARKUP CLERK - AUTOMATED (P7-06)
OCCUPATION CODE: 2340-0033
Operates a computer to process mail undeliverable as addressed.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Operates a computer keyboard to enter and extract data from several databases including change of address, mailers' database, and address correction.
2. Selects correct program and operating mode for each application.
3. Affixes labels to mail either manually or with mechanical devices.
4. Prepares forms for address correction services and/or scanning operation.
5. Manually distributes processed markups to appropriate separations for further handling.
6. Returns incomplete documents and records to delivery offices when necessary.
7. May operte an optical scanner and computer to process postal forms.
8. May view input from scanned postal forms on computer screen.
9. May operate a photo copy machine.
10. Performs other job-related tasks in support of primary duties.
Supervisor of unit to which assigned.
|Doc Date: 11/13/2004||Occ Code: 2340-0033|