|List of Positions||U.S.Postal Service|
POSTAL POLICE OFFICER (Y7-06)
OCCUPATION CODE: 2335-24XX
In connection with property owned, occupied, or controlled by the Postal Service, enforces Federal laws and regulations for the protection of persons and property, consistent with statutory and regulatory authority, ensures safety and security of personnel, customers, property, and mail.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Carries a firearm and other law enforcement equipment while on duty; uses reasonable force when necessary.
2. Maintains a log of all incidents reported and completes reports as needed.
3. Performs patrol duty, as assigned, on foot or by motor vehicle within jurisdictional authority in connection with property owned or occupied by the Postal Service.
4. Responds to emergency situations (e.g., burglaries, robberies, natural disasters, medical emergencies, Postal Service vehicle accidents); assists with evacuating employees in the facility during emergencies and drills.
5. Controls access to property owned or occupied by the Postal Service including direction of vehicle traffic; enforces the regulations for conduct on Postal Service property, and where authorized, writes citations for violations of these regulations; ensures compliance with security and safety policies and procedures.
6. Makes arrests in accordance with jurisdictional authority.
7. Testifies in court proceedings or at administrative hearings.
8. Makes contact with postal managers and other employees to enhance Postal Inspection Service community policing, crime prevention, and security efforts. Reports threats against employees and security breaches. Acts as a visible deterrent to criminal attack.
9. Conducts preliminary fact finding in connection with emergency response. Reports preliminary fact findings to appropriate authority for any necessary investigation.
10. Utilizes accepted law enforcement tactics to respond to active shooter incidents on property owned or occupied by the Postal Service.
11. Performs other job related tasks in support of the primary duties.
Postal Police Supervisor, Postal Police Tour Supervisor, or Postal Police Manager
Best Qualified. Senior Qualified for internal PPO movement only.
|Doc Date: 10/20/2017||Occ Code: 2335-24XX|