|List of Positions||U.S.Postal Service|
EXPRESS MAIL SERVICE CLK (P7-07)
OCCUPATION CODE: 2330-77XX
Provides services in the receipt and dispatch of express mail at a airmail facility utilizing expert and comprehensive knowledge of the express mail service, distribution schemes, and schedules.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Applies knowledge to prepare and maintain forms and records of express mail received, dispatched, and transferred through the facility.
2. Contacts by telephone, express mail clerks at various AMFS and transfer offices in the express mail service system and coordinates movement of express mail in a timely manner as required by contracts.
3. Observes air carriers to ensure express mail is loaded, off-loaded, and/or makes inter-line and intra-line transfers as scheduled.
4. Works closely with supervisors and provides assistance in technical aspects of the program, such as determining routing on new contracts and recommending changes in routing to ensure expeditious and efficient mail movement.
5. Investigates and determines causes of failures, takes appropriate corrective action, and reports situations to supervisor.
6. Receives shipments from airlines as necessary to effect timely delivery.
7. Provides information and coordinates the efforts of other employees in the work area.
8. Operates a motor vehicle in moving between work locations.
9. Occasionally performs other job related tasks in support of primary duties.
Manager, Air Mail Center or Facility, or other designated supervisor.
KEY POSITION REFERENCE:
|Doc Date: 11/02/1994||Occ Code: 2330-77XX|