|List of Positions||U.S.Postal Service|
AIR RECORDS PROCESSOR (P7-07)
OCCUPATION CODE: 2330-46XX
Operates electronic data entry equipment designed to scan mail dispatched via air which provides information to the postal data center for settlement of contract accounts with air carriers requiring knowledge of available air service schedules, planned dispatches, and standard air stop codes.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Operates a key terminal with an accompanying scanning mechanism. Scans barcoded mail and updates flight manifests regarding the use of air carriers contracted to transport mail.
2. Initializes processing system, selects operating mode, operates label printer machine, affixes routing label to item, uses hand held scanning device when required, ensures weighing of the item, and discharges item after scanning for manual sortation.
3. Monitors equipment control lights, resets scale, loads labels into the label machine, loads paper into the manifest printer, detects terminal error messages and malfunctions in the operation of the equipment and notifies supervisor of malfunctions when they occur, and logs-off the system when processing is complete.
4. Examines and verifies destination labels on outgoing mail, such as: routing labels and air contract transportation (ACT) tags with appropriate air stop codes. When necessary, prepares a tag or label and places it on the item. Ensures that dispatches are prepared in a timely manner.
5. May make manual separation of processed mail to the appropriate dispatch container for further handling, i.e., outgoing to carrier, flight number or surface transportation to designated air mail facility; incoming to various distribution points. May load items into processing system.
6. In addition, may assist in bulk weighing of mail for dispatch, maintain records, files, and/or manuals in support of primary duties, such as manifests, planned routes reports, operating logs, operating manuals, etc.; perform processing duties as a part of a registry operation, operate remote data entry equipment to obtain air contract information.
7. Performs other duties in support of mail processing operations.
Manager, Airport Mail Center/Facility or other designated supervisor.
KEY POSITION REFERENCE:
|Doc Date: 03/18/2006||Occ Code: 2330-46XX|