|List of Positions||U.S.Postal Service|
SCHEDULE EXAMINER VEHICLE RUNS (P7-08)
OCCUPATION CODE: 2330-22XX
At a large office, carries through to completion all steps in the process of developing schedules providing vehicle transportation of transit and local mails throughout the entire area. Provides vehicle trips properly coordinated with transportation contractors, special delivery and carrier delivery schedules.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. From written or oral instructions regarding necessary changes or additional vehicle service requirements from various sources at post office and regional levels, develops necessary vehicle service schedules to accommodate changes or additional requirements, in the most economical manner possible. Prepares operator schedules and master schedules and notifies all concerned of new service and effective date.
2. Confers with post office and regional officials concerning vehicle requirements and from detailed knowledge of local vehicle service schedules provides technical advice on the practicality of proposed programs.
3. Makes revisions and provides schedules to accommodate changes from standard to daylight-saving time, weekend service, holidays, etc.
4. Studies vehicle utilization surveys and recommends changes that will provide equal or improved vehicle service at less cost.
5. May perform related clerical duties.
Supervisor of unit to which assigned.
KEY POSITION REFERENCE:
|Doc Date: 11/02/1994||Occ Code: 2330-22XX|