|List of Positions||U.S.Postal Service|
TRANSFER CLK AMF (P7-07)
OCCUPATION CODE: 2330-04XX
Receives, dispatches, documents and maintains records of all classes of foreign or domestic air mail or both and of other air transported mail.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Receives and dispatches mail at an AMF; determine how mail should be routed; contacts carrier representatives and arranges for the handling or rehandling of mails for dispatch and rescheduling of dispatches where flights have been canceled or delayed; determines priority of mail that can be held and that which can be sent immediately in cases where the amount on hand for dispatch exceeds the carrier limit for a particular flight.
2. Prepares the forms necessary to expedite mail for either domestic or foreign flights or both; as required, prepares forms for receipt of mail from carrier, for transfer of mail to the AMF or to another carrier when flight was interrupted.
3. When processing foreign mail, makes division of mails between competitive carriers and controls volume of mails dispatched to a foreign flag carrier where bilateral agreement exists, based on information furnished.
4. Records any serious delay or other irregularity pertaining to delivery of mail to AMF by completing a form used to report irregularities in handling air mail by carriers; reports irregularities to supervisor so that appropriate action may be taken.
5. Records flight delays and advises supervisor of changes; advises supervisor of alternate routings in event of serious delay or interruption of service affecting the dispatch of mails.
6. Reviews the daily scheme and schedule changes noting the effects; notifies supervisor and employees who are affected; studies scheme and schedules and recommends changes for improvement of service.
7. Furnishes airline personnel with estimate of amount of mail on hand and to be dispatched; makes necessary arrangements for use of additional flights when volume of mail becomes unusually heavy or a backlog develops.
8. Personally observes the transfer of mail between carriers at terminal locations and in that connection may operate a vehicle in moving between locations.
9. In addition may distribute mail; pouch mail; receive and open incoming foreign mail checking it for proper documentation; or process registered mail.
Manager, Airport Mail Center/Facility or other designated supervisor.
KEY POSITION REFERENCE:
|Doc Date: 11/02/1994||Occ Code: 2330-04XX|