|List of Positions||U.S.Postal Service|
BULK MAIL CLERK (P7-07)
OCCUPATION CODE: 2320-15XX
Accepts, verifies, classifies, and computes postage on all classes of domestic and international business mail. Provides customer assistance to ensure customer understanding of postal mailing standards, mail preparation requirements and methods of presentation.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Provides customer education including advising customers as to proper mailing procedures, business mail preparation, postage payment systems, and related requirements. Resolves customer complaints and inquiries, providing mailing options and necessary information to promote customer satisfaction.
2. Accepts and verifies all classes of business mail presented at postal facilities.
3. Determines classification of all mail matter, weight, number of pieces, and computes postage and fees to be charged. Determines accuracy of postage statements. Reviews customer accounts to ensure applicable fees are paid and checks availability of sufficient deposit by customer to cover cost of mailing. Releases cleared mail to processing operations.
4. Accepts deposits and writes receipts. Maintains records of permit holders, deposits, withdrawals and miscellaneous information for all classes of business mail. Completes the necessary reports and submits as directed.
5. Utilizes a variety of business equipment for the collection, calculation, recording and reporting of all types of business mail entry data, including mail piece characteristics.
6. May be required to accept, review, complete and process applications for all classes of mail; issue licenses and permits; notify customers of noncompliance, improper use, cancellations and revocations of licenses, permits, etc. and take appropriate action.
7. May be required to perform audits and reviews for all classes of mail, both on and off site, and take appropriate action.
8. Performs other related duties and directed. May be required to separate and distribute mail that has been accepted, and perform general business mail entry administrative duties.
Supervisor of unit to which assigned.
KEY POSITION REFERENCE:
|Doc Date: 03/18/2006||Occ Code: 2320-15XX|