|List of Positions||U.S.Postal Service|
STAMP SUPPLY CLERK (P7-07)
OCCUPATION CODE: 2320-03XX
Fills significant numbers of requisitions for stamps and stamped paper submitted by window clerks and/or classified and contract stations and branches and associate offices. Makes sales of stamps and stamped paper to customers in quantities which would deplete the stock of a window clerk.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Responsible for a fixed credit/accountability stock of sufficient size to maintain stamps and stamped paper in variety and quantity suitable to area served. Fills requisitions submitted by employees and/or units, furnishing them with rolled coin, stamps, stamped paper, and migratory-bird hunting stamps in accordance with their request and sales made.
2. Prepares master requisition to maintain stamp stock, submitting to the accountable paper custodian; renders daily account of funds received.
3. Maintains adequate controls over quantity and variety of stamps and stamped paper and applies appropriate security measures for protection of stock, for which responsible, from theft, loss or damage. Makes appropriate recommendation to supervisor.
4. Fills customers' orders for stamps and stamped paper which exceed those filled by a regular stamp clerk and exchanges or redeems large amounts of stamps and stamped paper returned by customers. Collects international reply coupons, stamps and stamped paper redeemed by window clerks and/or units and takes necessary action for destruction. Verifies transaction and exchanges stamps for such stock received.
5. In addition, may perform the following: replenish stock in postage vending machines and remove and account for funds; and provide service at a public window, as required.
Supervisor of unit to which assigned.
KEY POSITION REFERENCE:
|Doc Date: 11/02/1994||Occ Code: 2320-03XX|