|List of Positions||U.S.Postal Service|
CUSTOMER CARE AGENT - TIER 1 (P7-06)
OCCUPATION CODE: 2320-0010
Receives initial inbound and outbound customer contacts, including but not limited to voice, emails and online chat; provides information to customers on standard USPS products and services.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Handles inbound and outbound customer contacts including but not limited to voice, emails and online chat; listens actively to determine customer needs and answers questions. Demonstrates courtesy, patience and professionalism while providing information to customers.
2. Researches information to answer and respond to customer inquiries pertaining to USPS products and services using a telephone, computer, electronic reference tools, the internet scripts and manuals.
3. Take immediate action on service requests and provides first contact resolutions that are clear, meets the customer?s needs, and confirms the customer's understanding of the solution in accordance with contact center service standards and guidelines. Identifies concerns and routes to the appropriate postal department to address escalated customer and service issues.
4. Applies USPS customer service standards on each type of contact to suggest appropriate USPS products and services, to educate customers, and maximize up-sell opportunities.
5. Through customer dialog and probing, identifies opportunities and suggests appropriate shipping and mailing solutions to meet their business needs; escalates to the Sales organization for follow up.
6. Determines complexity of inquiry and if it should be escalated and routes inquiry in a timely manner.
7. Identifies and reports unusual or repetitive customer inquiries, complaints or areas of misinformation to Agent Leads and Supervisors.
8. Creates a record of the type of contact in a computerized tracking system for referral and historical purposes.
Supervisor of unit to which assigned.
|Doc Date: 02/04/2017||Occ Code: 2320-0010|