|List of Positions||U.S.Postal Service|
LEAD CUSTOMER SERVICE CLERK (P7-07)
OCCUPATION CODE: 2320-0008
Performs a variety of clerk duties required for customer service using automated mail processing equipment or manual methods of sortation and distribution as well as change of address entry / validation and processing undeliverable as address forwardable and return to sender mail. May work with or without direct supervision or as a working leader to one or more customer service employees resolving problems that may occur during operations and determining when a supervisor should be involved.
This position is for use in Customer Service facilities that do not have retail window operations. However, in a large facility (50 or more clerks) with both a retail window and a large distribution operation, a Lead Customer Service Clerk may be used in addition to a Lead Sales & Service Clerk.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Makes primary and one or more secondary distributions of incoming mail by delivery point, (for example, classified or contract station or branch or other delivery unit, general delivery, lockboxes, rural highway contract route, or city carrier route) based on a knowledge of the distribution scheme.
2. Makes primary and one or more secondary distributions of outgoing mail for dispatch (for example, by city, state, or region) based on a knowledge of the distribution scheme.
3. In addition, may perform any of the following duties: maintain records of mails; examine balances in advance deposit accounts; face and cancel mail; tie mail and insert facing slips; open and dump pouches and sacks; operate cancelling machines; record and bill mail (for example, c.o.d., registered, etc.) requiring special service; and provide service at public windows; data entry of change of address requests; process UAA forwardable / returns mail and the associated allied functions resulting from processing of UAA mail.
4. Maintains a working knowledge of regulations, policies and procedures related to mail processing and post office operations activities. Provides guidance to customer service employees assigned to post office operations. Resolves problems that may occur during operations and determines when a supervisor should be involved.
5. As a working leader of customer service employees, will cooperate with the supervisor to plan, direct, organize and monitor customer service related programs/projects and the work of people to meet unit goals, including coordinating and scheduling work hours. Trains new employees. Makes Supervisor approved entries to correct time and attendance records and retains required supporting documents.
6. May perform any of the following duties: provide service at public window for non-financial transactions; maintain records related to mail; examine balances in advance deposit accounts; and record and bill mail requiring special service.
7. Verifies mailings as to size, weight, postage and other mailability requirements when necessary.
8. Processes accountable mail for delivery and clears carriers and accountable mail.
9. Uses established safe work methods, procedures, and safety precautions.
10. Maintains and services PO Boxes; Caller and Reserves.
11. Performs required scans of packages with barcodes.
12. Performs other job related tasks in support of primary duties.
Supervisor, Customer Services or other designated supervisor
Clerk STANDARD POSITION REFERENCE SP-2621
|Doc Date: 05/18/2013||Occ Code: 2320-0008|