|List of Positions||U.S.Postal Service|
DELIVERY/SALES SERVICES & DISTR ASSOC (P7-06)
OCCUPATION CODE: 2320-0007
Performs distribution and a variety of sales and customer support services for products. Delivers and collects mail on foot or by vehicle under varying conditions in any area.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Performs a variety of sales and customer services at a retail window. Rents post office boxes, receives rental payments, conducts reference checks, and completes related forms.
2. Provides sales and customer service support by greeting customers and explaining store layout. Promotes products based on customer needs and provides additional information about product features, incentives, and services to the public.
3. Maintains appearance of retail area by setting up, arranging, and replenishing displays, selling areas, work stations, storage areas and merchandise racks. Checks and sets post office stamp-vending machines and postage meters.
4. Conducts product inventories by counting items on hand. Verifies and records sales floor inventory; brings inventory discrepancies and reports to the attention of the appropriate supervisor.
5. Delivers and collects mail on foot or by vehicle under varying conditions in any area; maintains pleasant and effective public relations with customers and others.
6. Distributes primary and one or more secondary schemes of incoming mail by delivery point based on a knowledge of the distribution scheme established for the office, branch or station. NOTE:Distribution is defined as the sorting of mail to carrier routes, cities, states, foreign countries, post office boxes, or other separation; and may require knowledge of a distribution scheme.
7. Reports all unusual incidents or conditions relating to mail delivery to supervisor, including conditions of mail boxes and other mail receptacles. Check hotels and other establishments to ensure that mail for residents which is undeliverable as addressed is not improperly held, and/or delivers stamps or other supplies to contractor carrier stations.
8. Follows established safe work methods, procedures and safety precautions while performing all duties. Adheres to established policies and procedures by exercising good judgment when determining when to leave mail or leave a notice and return mail to post office for customer pick-up.
Supervisor of unit to which assigned
Clerk SP-2643; KP-0013
|Doc Date: 05/20/2015||Occ Code: 2320-0007|