|List of Positions||U.S.Postal Service|
INFORMATION CLERK (P7-07)
OCCUPATION CODE: 2320-0006
Furnishes information to customers at a public window or over the telephone regarding the Postal Service in general, and regarding the services provided by the local post office in particular.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Maintains a thorough and detailed knowledge of postal regulations and of all phases of the operations of the local post office.
2. Answers questions in person or by telephone regarding such matters as time of dispatch of mails to and arrival in other cities, time of arrival of incoming mails and hours of local delivery, postage rates and fees, methods of packing and wrapping, special services available, hours when post office is open to the public, filing of claims and service complaints.
3. Directs callers, when necessary, to other appropriate windows or offices.
4. Hands out postal publications on request and when they contain the informational requirements of callers.
5. In addition, may perform any of the following duties: provide service to customers at other public windows; and assist in census and other matters when necessary.
Supervisor of unit to which assigned.
KEY POSITION REFERENCE:
|Doc Date: 05/12/2001||Occ Code: 2320-0006|