|List of Positions||U.S.Postal Service|
LEAD SALES & SERVICES ASSOCIATE (P7-07)
OCCUPATION CODE: 2320-0004
Performs a variety of sales and customer support services for products including stamps, stamped paper, postal cards, philatelic products, and special promotional items; with or without direct supervision. May work alone or provide technical direction to one or more clerks assigned to sales activities, and reviews their work for accuracy.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Maintains a comprehensive working knowledge of regulations ruling, policy, and procedures relating to all phases of retail services. Provides technical guidance to retail employees assigned to the unit, informing them of changes or clarifications in policies, procedures, operations or regulations.
2. Forecasts and maintains a separate stamped inventory to fill requisitions submitted by unit clerks.
3. Prepares daily consolidated funds under local bank deposit procedure; prepares and maintains unit accounting records of retail activities.
4. Conducts or witnesses transfers of fixed credits between employees as required, assisting in the physical count of stock. Reviews fixed credits periodically and recommends adjustments if necessary. Examines and insures the integrity of security containers assigned to employees for the storing of their fixed credit and reports lack of conformity with security regulations.
5. Maintains an adequate supply of materials required for the operation of a retail unit.
6. Accepts and verifies applications for redeemed stamps and stamped paper. Prepares and submits necessary stock for destruction.
7. In accordance with the directives of the supervisory presence, plans, directs, organizes and monitors retail related programs/projects and the work of people to meet unit goals, including coordinating and scheduling work hours. Supplies leadership necessary to secure a customer friendly environment, encourages professional appearance and work habits to accomplish effective and pleasant customer relationships. Makes Supervisor approved entries to correct time and attendance records and retains required supporting documents.
8. Instructs and advises individual employees in correct financial and retail sales procedures.
9. Performs any variety of sales and customer services at a retail window such as maintaining sufficient inventory of and selling stamps, stamped paper, other retail products and services and may use a computerized system, accepting and delivering packages and accountable mail; issuing and cashing foreign and domestic postal money orders; accepting and responding to customer claims and inquiries, and providing information to the public regarding postal regulations.
10. Provides sales and customer service support by greeting customers and explaining store layout; determining special interests and referring to sales and promotional programs; offers assistance in product selection; provides special assistance; and answers customer inquiries when needed.
11. Provides product and service information to customers, including informing customers regarding special offers; suggestive selling related merchandise; promoting products based on customer needs. Provides additional information regarding product features and services.
12. Handles and processes customer purchases and returns relating to products and services and may use a point of sale system. Assists customers with transactions.
13. Maintains appearance of store by setting up, arranging, and replenishing displays and merchandise racks; ensures display and selling areas, work stations, and storage areas are presentable to customers.
14. Conducts product inventories by counting items on hand; attaches and removes security devices; accounts for items on display; and verifies and records sales floor inventory and shrinkage. Brings inventory discrepancies and shrinkage reports to the attention of the appropriate supervisory presence.
15. May verify presort and bulk mailings of all classifications; computing and maintaining on a current basis mailers' credit balances.
16. Checks and sets post office stamp-vending machines and postage meters.
17. Rents post office boxes, receives rental payments, conducts reference checks, and completes related forms.
18. In addition, may assign and clear accountable items and distribute mail as required.
Supervisor, Customer Services, or other designated supervisor.
CLERK SP-2642 KP-0013
|Doc Date: 05/18/2013||Occ Code: 2320-0004|