|List of Positions||U.S.Postal Service|
BULK MAIL DOCK CLK (P7-07)
OCCUPATION CODE: 2315-99XX
Performs various technical and clerical assignments involving the trailer movement of mail in and out of a bulk mail facility.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Monitors loading and unloading to ensure that such operations are being performed and reported according to operating plan.
2. Examines outgoing and incoming trailers to verify maximum utilization of space and adherence to proper loading and safety requirements.
3. Maintains close liaison with the dock supervisor to assign movement of inbound and outbound vehicles.
4. Keeps informed on local hold orders on dispatches to arrange delay in trailer departures upon delay of scheduled connections.
5. Prepares operating and security records of inbound and outbound trailers involved in loading and unloading mail.
6. Prepares and maintains records and reports as directed by supervisor.
7. Ensures security of mail loads through control of lock and seals upon opening and closing.
8. Estimates load as to amount and type, for purpose of generating operating data to pay vendors for line-haul.
9. Processes records of manual mail volume and pallet load movements.
10. Maintains continuing contact with vehicle control and processing floor mail control supervisors to advise of dock status and needs.
11. Examines and evaluates contractor and postal trailers or trucks for suitability to transport mail.
12. Occasionally performs other job related tasks in support of primary duties.
Manager, Airport Mail Center/Facility or other designated supervisor.
KEY POSITION REFERENCE:
|Doc Date: 11/21/2006||Occ Code: 2315-99XX|