|List of Positions||U.S.Postal Service|
REVIEW CLK (P7-07)
OCCUPATION CODE: 2315-26XX
Checks assigned cases and racks for distribution accuracy; reviews incoming and/or outgoing mail removed from normal distribution channels; and takes appropriate action.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Assists in checking assigned cases and racks for distribution, proficiency and accuracy and prepares reports of errors found for the attention of the immediate supervisor.
2. Assists the supervisor with on-the-job training in distribution, dispatching, labeling, pouching, and disposition of all classes of mail in accordance with established procedures.
3. Examines and disposes of incoming and/or outgoing mail which is un-ZIP Coded, mis-ZIP Coded, illegible, incomplete or incorrectly addressed.
4. Uses such references as, but not limited to, ZIP Code Directory, telephone directories, and local master schemes.
5. May rate mail with short-paid postage or mail being forwarded.
6. May maintain records of mail volumes, work hours; and assist supervisor in carrying out special distribution assignments.
7. Separates and manually distributes mail. May have scheme/s assignments.
8. Performs other job related tasks in support of primary duties.
Manager, Airport Mail Center/Facility or other designated supervisor.
KEY POSITION REFERENCE:
|Doc Date: 11/02/1994||Occ Code: 2315-26XX|