|List of Positions||U.S.Postal Service|
SPEC POSTAL CLK (P7-07)
OCCUPATION CODE: 2315-08XX
Has charge, either at a workstation separated from the area regularly watched over by a supervisor, or during a tour on which no supervisor is present, of a mail processing activity carried out personally or with assistance of a limited number of mail processing employees.
This job is assigned to mail processing. The employee is on duty by himself, or with a limited number of mail processing employees, or performs an assignment comparable to it.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Makes primary and one or more secondary distributions of incoming or outgoing mails, or both, based on a knowledge of the applicable distribution scheme or schemes.
2. Maintains direct contacts with persons picking up mails in bulk from or delivering it to the postal facility during the tour.
3. Personally resolves problems of a routine nature arising during the tour and decides when problems warrant contacting a supervisor at his home or other location away from the facility.
4. Keeps required records for such matters as mail on hand and processed.
5. May provide leadership to one or more clerks when assigned to the tour or a portion of the tour.
Supervisor of unit to which assigned.
KEY POSITION REFERENCE:
|Doc Date: 11/02/1994||Occ Code: 2315-08XX|