|List of Positions||U.S.Postal Service|
PARCEL POST DIST-MACHINE (P7-06)
OCCUPATION CODE: 2315-06XX
Makes incoming or outgoing parcel post or bundled mail separations on an electro-mechanical parcel post sorting machine or a bundle sorting machine by operation of a keyboard (1) applying machine codes to ZIP Code numbers covering delivery points such as stations and branches or (2) outgoing distribution by applying machine codes to ZIP Code, directs, alphabetical or geographic groupings, or a combination of (1) and (2).
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Reads address on each parcel or bundle positioned on the supply belt by the facer. Associates address with the applicable machine code and depresses keys on the keyboard to set the triggering mechanism on the pallets to dump the item at the desired destination runout belt or chute.
2. When automatic feed system is not present, pushes mail items on signal by buzzer or light to respective pallets that the keying device has set to trigger at the selected destination runout.
3. May periodically change assignments during a tour with the facer if the occupant of that assignment is qualified to perform the distribution assignment.
4. Loads labels and related consumable items on machines equipped with bar code sorters.
5. Performs other clerical duties as assigned when not occupied in the keying or facing functions on the machine.
6. May operate other mail sorting machines using similar keypad after completion of appropriate training.
Supervisor of unit to which assigned.
KEY POSITION REFERENCE:
|Doc Date: 11/02/1994||Occ Code: 2315-06XX|