|List of Positions||U.S.Postal Service|
MAIL FLOW CONTROLLER (P7-08)
OCCUPATION CODE: 2315-0086
Monitors the operations of sorting and conveyor systems and ensures consistent and efficient mail flow throughout the facility and across tours.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Monitors sorting and conveyor systems to ensure that machines are running properly; determines which belts to use to feed mail into the system; advises on re-routing mail to adjust for system issues; and makes recommendations for changes to schemes and sort plans.
2. Monitors mail flow, timing and feeding in relation to capacity and plan, and notifies management when adjustments in sort plans, equipment or staffing are needed to meet operating plans.
3. Maintains equipment availability schedule during preventive maintenance cycles and coordinates among functional groups to ensure continued and efficient operation of equipment throughout each tour.
4. Identifies mail flow issues (such as jams, stoppages, breakdowns, overloads). Notifies management and maintenance of system issues and problems, including information such as equipment location, system status, preventative maintenance cycles, workload patterns, and manpower utilization.
5. Maintains log of problems and issues, including repair status, machine down time, and time frames for repairs.
6. Generates system reports including reports on discharge problems, maintenance issues, piece counts, mail flow clogs, equipment issues, keying rates, mail volume and workforce data.
7. Serves as the central communication point among internal and external contacts to receive and disseminate information affecting mail flow. Mobilizes as central point of contact in emergency situations.
8. Follows established safe work methods, procedures and safety precautions while performing all duties.
9. Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Supervisor of unit to which assigned.
|Doc Date: 08/24/2013||Occ Code: 2315-0086|