|List of Positions||U.S.Postal Service|
MAIL PROCESSING CLERK (P7-06)
OCCUPATION CODE: 2315-0063
Performs a variety of clerk duties required to process mail using automated mail processing equipment or manual methods of sortation and distribution.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Makes one or more sortations of outgoing and/or incoming mail using the appropriate sort program or manual distribution scheme.
2. On a rotation basis, performs all of the following duties: loads mail onto automated equipment, culling out non- processable items; enters sort plan and starts equipment; monitors flow of mail to ensure continuous feed; sweeps separated mail from bins/ stackers; and stops equipment when distribution run or operation is completed. Runs machine reports, clears jams and contacts maintenance for assistance when required.
3. Prepares work area, ensuring all necessary support equipment and materials, including labels, trays, and other containers are in place.
4. Removes sorted mail from bins or separations and places into appropriate trays or containers for further processing or dispatch based on knowledge of operating plans and dispatch schedules, or at the instruction of supervisors or expediters; may riffle or verify mail to ensure sortation accuracy as needed.
5. In addition, may perform any of the following duties: provide service at public window for non-financial transactions; maintain records of mails; examine balances in advance deposit accounts; and record and bill mail requiring special service.
6. Uses established safe work methods, procedures and safety precautions.
7. Performs other job related tasks in support of primary duties.
Supervisor, Distribution Operations; Supervisor, Customer Services or other designated supervisor
CLERK SP-2046; KP-0013
|Doc Date: 04/25/2002||Occ Code: 2315-0063|