|List of Positions||U.S.Postal Service|
SR MAIL PROCESSOR (P7-07)
OCCUPATION CODE: 2315-0062
Operates a variety of automated mail processing equipment as a working member of a group of mail processing clerks, performing a combination of tasks including feeding and sweeping mail and correcting simple machine malfunctions.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Prepares work areas, ensuring all necessary equipment is in place.
2. Performs start-up of equipment; uses a computer keyboard to select and load sort programs for the type of mail to be processed.
3. Loads mail onto feeder module; culls out non-machinable mail and sets apart for future processing.
4. Removes sorted mail from stacker bins, rubber banding or tying mail as necessary and places in proper trays; prints or uses preprinted labels to identify trays; performs bin checks to verity sort accuracy.
5. Clears jams and keeps equipment clean and free of dust and debris during operation; performs simple adjustments, alignments, and preventive servicing.
6. Makes work assignments and shifts workload to mail processing clerks within a work group according to priorities determined by supervisor; provides guidance to mail processing clerks.
7. Follows step-by-step instructions presented on a computer driven video dispay screen to identify and correct machine malfunctions occurring during operating periods.
8. Uses hand tools to perform tasks such as removal and replacement of fuses, circuit boards, photocells, switches, belts and roller assemblies.
9. Notifies supervisor when skilled maintenance assistance is required to put machine back in operation.
10. Prepares service work orders, parts requests, service logs, and records on work performed, and other reports related to equipment operation.
11. Observes all established safety precautions and procedures.
12. May perform mail distribution in accordance with established distrbution schemes; OR may be assigned Sales & Services Associate duties as needed.
13. Performs other job-related tasks in support of primary duties.
Supervisor, Distribution Operations, Supervisor, Customer Services, or other designated supervisor.
|Doc Date: 05/30/2003||Occ Code: 2315-0062|