|List of Positions||U.S.Postal Service|
PARCEL POST DIST-MACHINE (P7-07)
OCCUPATION CODE: 2315-0036
Makes incoming or outgoing parcel post separations in an electro-mechanical parcel post sorting machine by operation of a keyboard applying codes utilizing either (1) a city distribution scheme covering delivery points such as carrier routes and stations and branches not limited to ZIP Code keying; or,(2) an approved outgoing scheme which must include distribution by other than ZIP Code, directs, alphabetical, or geographical groupings; or a combination of (1) and (2). Must be able to demonstrate and maintain machine distribution at an average rate of at least 30 parcels per minute on incoming parcels, or at an average rate of at least 35 parcels per minute on outgoing parcels or at an average rate of at least 30 parcels per minute on mixed incoming and outgoing parcels with an accuracy rate of 98 percent.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Reads address on each parcel positioned on the supply belt by the facer. Associates the scheme item with the applicable machine code and depresses a combination of keys to set the triggering mechanism on the parcel pallets to dump the parcel at the desired destination runout belt or chute.
2. Pushes parcels on signal by buzzer or light to respective pallets that the keying device has set to trigger at the selected destination runout.
3. May periodically interchange assignments during a tour with the facer if the occupant of that assignment is qualified to fill the distribution assignment.
4. Loads labels and related consumable items on machines equipped with bar code sorters.
5. Performs other clerical duties as assigned when not occupied in the keying or alternating in the keying or facing functions on the machine.
Supervisor of unit to which assigned.
|Doc Date: 05/07/2001||Occ Code: 2315-0036|