|List of Positions||U.S.Postal Service|
ADDRESS MANAGEMENT SYS TECH (P7-07)
OCCUPATION CODE: 2310-7142
Performs various non-supervisory activities in support and maintenance of the Address Management System (AMS). Performs a variety of duties involved in the preparation, maintenance and distribution of addressing information; uses USPS computer systems to maintain addressing information.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Inputs address information data into on-line computer systems and utilizes a variety of resources to maintain an accurate national AMS database and resolve data discrepancies in support of USPS automation efforts. Escalates complex data issues to management.
2. Coordinates requests from internal customers in regards to specific business needs related to address management.
3. Assembles, maintains and distributes route delivery line of travel information for routes within an assigned area. Prints and distributes carrier case labels.
4. Coordinates assistance for Postal employees and customers concerning address management information products, services and systems. Escalates complex questions and issues to management.
5. Answers telephone, written, verbal and email inquiries from Postal employees and customers regarding data maintained in the address management office.
6. Drives to Post Offices, Stations, and Branches within assigned district to train delivery personnel on AMS coding procedures, resolve data deficiencies, and perform district street reviews including the preparation of reports.
7. Accepts, reviews, completes and processes route adjustment packages. Makes further reviews and communication towards reconciling discrepancies.
8. Performs other job related tasks in support of primary duties.
AMS Manager or designated supervisor
|Doc Date: 09/28/2012||Occ Code: 2310-7142|